Games 24x7 is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet underserved Indian market in a fun, lighthearted and friendly setting. Indias rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but dont necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product. We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with Indias most popular card game Rummy. Today, we are Indias largest online rummy site and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India.
The Games 24x7 Ethos
At Games24x7 we are passionate about one and only one thing providing the best possible playing experience to our players. We take immense pride in our work and believe that the best way to serve our players is by listening to them. We listen to the sound of every click that our players make or dont make when they are with us. We believe very strongly in experimenting, but in the true spirit of experiments, we insist that every new idea be either backed by data or be eventually provable by data.
Every experiment has at its genesis an idea. The Games 24x7 idea hierarchy is flat and new ideas can come from anywhere, but every idea goes through the same process vigorous debate, arguments, data validation, and every so often, from this grueling yet immensely satisfying process comes one addition to our product, operating or marketing strategy. This is the essence of life at Games 24x7. The Games24x7 Business
The Games24x7 business is powered by a proprietary multi-player tournament gaming platform built by our talented and passionate Mumbai-based development team. We are not to be confused with a game studio or a game development company. Games24x7 is not in the business of making or developing online games. Our gaming platform is secure, scalable, extensible and is at the heart of our business, supporting all aspects of the business operations. It is developed using JAVA and J2EE technologies. We currently host online multiplayer Rummy with entry fees and cash prizes using the proprietary platform. Despite the platform being feature rich in terms of its offering, we have barely scratched the surface.
The plan is to build a state of the art gaming tournament platform into which games of all types can be seamlessly integrated from single player leader-board type games to multiplayer knock out tournaments, round robin tournaments etc. This multifaceted platform will also incorporate social features, and could easily be integrated with Facebook and other social networks. We have the makings of what will be an industry-changing product in our hands. We are confident that the gaming industry in India will be seen as pre-Games24x7 platform and post-Games24x7 platform by analysts in the future. We will continue to invest to incorporate new innovations and capabilities into the core platform to ensure that our players receive a world-class experience. The Games24x7 Team Membe
If you have boundless energy, are bubbling with bright ideas, are extremely hard working and have no problems taking a handson approach to your work, we are the right destination for you. While we value tremendously problem solving skills, we value even more problem finding skills. People who have risen the fastest in our company are those that have a keen eye for detecting critical business problems and then solving them. The Games 24x7 work atmosphere is very amiable, and at the same time always charged with excitement. The dynamic nature of our business ensures that all our team members are able to see how their contributions benefit the business. We encourage our team members to take responsibility and grow into future leaders in our company and the industry. What are we looking for?
Position Title: SDE-1
A Software Engineer in Business Intelligence team is responsible for working together with the team to design, implement and support BI solutions including KPIs, Dashboards, Reports and custom analysis in order to provide meaningful information to the business. This role includes supporting BI solutions along with business analysis, data modeling, datawarehouse design, stored procedure & datamarts creation, Report generation, Performance Point Dashboard creation and integration of these components into BI software as required. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance and documentation of BI system implemented.
General Accountabilities/Job Responsibilities
- Ensure right stakeholders gets right information at right time.
- Requirement gathering with stakeholders to understand their data requirement.
- Creating and deploying reports Participate actively in datamarts design discussions Work on both RDBMS as well as Big Data for designing BI Solutions.
- Write code (queries/procedures) in SQL / Hive / Drill that is both functional and elegant, following appropriate design patterns.
- Design and plan BI solutions to automate regular reporting Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Creating and deploying datamarts Writing relational and multidimensional database queries Integrate heterogeneous data sources into BI solutions.
- Ensure Data Integrity of data flowing from heterogeneous data sources into BI solutions
Desirable Requirements :
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/IT from Top Colleges
- 0-1 years of experience in Datawarehousing and SQL Excellent Analytical Knowledge Excellent technical as well as communication skills.
- Attention to even the smallest detail is mandatory Knowledge of SQL query writing and performance tuning Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Drill Knowledge of fundamentals of Business Intelligence.
- In-depth knowledge of RDBMS systems, Datawarehousing and Datamarts Smart, motivated and team oriented
- Sound knowledge of software development in Programming (preferably Java )
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and models
Salary: INR 2,50,000 - 6,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area: IT Software - eCommerce, Internet Technologies
Role Category: Programming
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time