Position Title: SDE-1 (JAVA) Position/Role Description:
The S.E will be part of the Engineering/Development team in Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. and will be responsible for taking ownership of the core products of the company. The applicant must have good communication, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills in order to take part in the collaborative and cooperative development process that delivers the high quality software we use to provide the best possible playing experience to our players. The applicant must be an expert in the Java programming language and needs to be familiar with popular IDEs, tools and scripting languages on the Linux operating system. Familiarity with an RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL, is essential to succeed in this position.
General Accountabilities/Job Responsibilities :
- Participation in the requirements analysis, design, development and testing of applications.
- The candidate is expected to write code himself/herself.
- The candidate is expected to do code review, unit testing and deployment.
- Practical application of design principles with a focus on the user experience, usability, template designs, cross browser issues and client server concepts.
- Contributes to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
- Works closely with QA team to determine testing requirements to ensure full coverage and best quality of product.
- There is also the opportunity to mentor and guide junior team members in excelling their jobs.
Job Specifications :
- BE/B. Tech. Computer Science or MCA from a reputed University.
- 1-3 Years of experience in software development, with emphasis on JAVA/J2EE Server side programming.
- Hands on experience in Core Java, Multithreading, RMI, Socket programing, JDBC, NIO, webservices and Design patterns.
- Should have Knowledge of distributed caching, messaging frameworks, ESB etc.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and PostgreSQL database is essential.
- Additionally, knowledge of HBase, Hadoop and Hive are desirable.
- Familiarity with message queue systems and AMQP is desirable.
- Should have experience as a participant in Agile methodologies.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: Programming
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time