Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet under-served Indian market in a fun, light-hearted and friendly setting. Indias rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but dont necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product. We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with Indias most popular card game Rummy. Today, we are Indias largest online rummy site (www.rummycircle.com) and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India. Job Description
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us to make smarter decisions. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. The projects will include
- Automate scoring using machine learning technique
- Build recommendation systems
- User segmentation using clustering
- Develop internal A/B testing procedures
- Build system for anomaly detection
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending companys data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, Weka, D3.js, GGplot, etc is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase is a plus.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area: Analytics & Business Intelligence
Role Category: Analytics
Role: Analytics Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time